This self-knowledge is a tool for navigating the complex social and political world in which they live. Majors are equipped to pursue numerous careers in public, private, and post-graduate sectors.
Learn more about our department, faculty, internship program, and career options by selecting the links to the left.
As a sociology major you will:
- Develop portable skills, such as critical reasoning, social sensitivity, leadership/stewardship, and knowledge of social institutions and organizations. These skills will be invaluable to you in any career you choose to pursue.
- Examine the significant social and cultural forces that shape personal lives, groups, communities, nations, and the world.
- Enhance your self-awareness, which is vital for navigating the complex social and political worlds in which we live.
- Benefit from sociology’s unique perspective as a way of understanding social life in all of its diversity.
- Become part of an active and supportive community of students and faculty who share common intellectual interests and goals.
- Learn how to use knowledge to influence social policy and social change.
Students with a major or minor in Sociology have a vast array of career opportunities and graduate school options to choose from upon graduation. Shadow experiences and internship opportunities are available to prepare students for today's competitive job market.
Drop by or call to learn more about how you can "build your future" with us.